RULES for UGLY COWBOY AND FANCIEST COWBOY HAT CONTEST
1. Contestants must appear in person at Boot Country on Saturday, August 14 th prior to 2pm. Anyone arriving after 2pm will not be allowed to participate. We recommend arriving by 1:45pm to check in.
2. The contestant must be wearing the cowboy hat. Hats should not be dirty to the point they
leave dirt on the Boot Country floor.
3. Contestants will keep their cowboy hats.
4. Men, Women and Children are eligible.
5. Each contestant will be given a number. Each contestant must decide which contest to enter, either the “ugliest” or the “fanciest”.
6. There will be 3 rounds of judging. The first round will determine the Top 10, the second round will determine the Top 5 and the third round will select the ONE winner.
7. Ugliest cowboy hats will be judged on general ugliness (style, color, accessories etc.) Fanciest
cowboy hats will be judged on creativity, beauty and uniqueness.
8. The decision of the judges is final.
9. The winner will receive win FOUR VIP tickets to Bulls, Bands and Barrels on Saturday, August 14th at the Forrest County Multi-Purpose Center, FOUR backstage passes to meet Eddie Montgomery and a $100 gift certificate from Boot Country.
10. B95 reserves the right to use any audio, video or photographic material which involves the winner or their family for promotional use without further compensation or permission.
11. Winners must waive any claims of liability against B95/WBBN Radio Station, Blakeney Communications, Inc. its employees and agents for any personal injury or loss, including death, or any property loss or damage which may occur from participation in the contest or use of any prize. Blakeney Communications, Inc. makes no warranty or claim whatsoever as to the safety, health or advisability of participating in the B95 Ugly Cowboy Hat Contest. Winners should participate and accept and use prizes on at their own risk. Winners will be required to sign a written waiver of liability and agree to hold Blakeney Communications, Inc. harmless for any liability whatsoever related to this contest and any prize awarded.
12. Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of B95 and Blakeney Communications, Inc., its
advertising agencies and promotional companies involved in the promotion as well as family and
household members of same, shall be ineligible to participate in the promotion and shall be
ineligible for any prize.
13. Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of Boot Country or Bulls, Bands and Barrels, their advertising and promotional companies involved in this promotion as well as family and household members of same, shall also be ineligible to participate in this promotion and shall be ineligible for any prize.
14. Employees of other radio stations and television stations are ineligible to win.
Download the B95 Country app!
P. O. Box 6408, Laurel, MS 39441
P. O. Box 16596, Hattiesburg, MS 39404
Phone 601-649-0095 Fax 601-649-8199
Phone 601-544-0095 Fax 601-545-8199
Contest Lines: 601-649-9595 601-545-9595
Shipping address: 4580 Hwy. 15 N. Laurel, MS 39443
Locally owned and operated by Blakeney Communications, Inc.
Questions or comments about this website: firstname.lastname@example.org